Enter our Student Scholar Competition to Win Free Attendance at The 3% Conference
Kat has been called the “triple threat” of an entrepreneur, ad woman + marketing to women expert and was named One of 2013's "Top 10 Women to Watch" in Advertising Age. She spends much of her time attending other conferences to either deliver the 3% message to new communities (TEDx Women, Cannes, Creative Week) or to be on the lookout for speakers with the right mix of skills and stage presence to bring to 3%. She shapes the agenda, travels to keynote the road shows, runs our San Francisco Super Bowl Tweetup, chooses our student scholar and Three Cheers award winners, builds and strengthens sponsor relationships, and dreams up new ways to hasten change.
Huge thanks to Adobe for their ongoing commitment to students being a key part of The 3% movement! The Adobe Student Scholar competition launches today and will enable 12 students to attend The 3% Conference free of charge (including a travel stipend). Students will experience everything the two-day conference offers right from the front row – in dedicated opera box seating right beside the main stage – and will participate in the “Emerging Creatives” track on day one. Students will also have the unique opportunity to attend a Portfolio Review luncheon at the conference, having their work reviewed by top Creative Directors attending the conference. And for something totally new, we’ll also comp registration for the advertising professor overseeing this young talent, so teachers – encourage your students to enter or possibly make this a class assignment.
Here are the details on entering:
- You must be a student, age 18+, enrolled in a U.S. college program (don't have to be an art or advertising major, but chances are you might be)
- Male students WELCOME! Male/female teams (if working in teams) encouraged
- Create a submission in any format you wish – animated video, poster, narrated video -- no longer than one-minute that pledges one microaction from our 100 Things for Faculty list that you are going to encourage your school to adopt to support diversity. This dovetails with the theme for the 2016 3% Conference, which is "What Are You Going to Do About It?” and utilizes our just published 100 Things for Faculty list, created by professors from Stanford, University of South Carolina, DePaul and Wichita State Universities.
- Post your submission via Behance and tag it #3percentconf and #madethis. If you don't have a Behance portfolio, you can make one by simply signing up on Behance and then upload your work. Looking for an easy way to create videos from your phone or tablet? Check our Adobe Premiere Clip of Adobe Spark Video.
- All submissions must be uploaded by midnight PST on September 30, 2016. Winners will be chosen by The 3% Conference and Adobe and will be notified by email the week of October 1. You will receive a $500 travel stipend to get to NYC for The 3% Conference on Nov 3-4. Your professor will receive free registration ($1,450 value) for her/himself as well.
Good luck to all – we hope to see you in NYC!