REMOTE , (founded in San Francisco, California)
Posted on December 9, 2022
WILL PERFORM — co-Founded by Serena Williams — is looking for an Art Director
In the words of our co-Founder, Serena Williams, Recovery is a big word. It’s essential to performance. But it can often become an afterthought. We want to change that.
At WILL PERFORM, we believe that performing our best starts with how we recover. And that recovery for your body and mind has a role to play each and every day. So, we’ve set out to redefine recovery, to create a whole new category: Performance Care. Because…
THERE IS NO CHARGE WITHOUT RECHARGE.™
Founded in San Francisco, California, with teammates across the U.S., we are a small, but mighty group of people who are committed to building a company that is rooted in inclusivity and equity. We are a Public Benefit Corporation because doing social good is built into our DNA. Our journey has just begun and we are looking for motivated people to join our team, help shape our culture and create the world of performance care in retail and online.
This is where YOU come in.
We are looking for an Art Director who will play a leading role in building the Will Perform brand and shaping how it comes to life IRL and in the ever-changing digital world. In partnership with our Chief Marketing Officer and the broader marketing team, you WILL develop breakthrough creative concepts and executions that inspire, inform and engage our consumers in meaningful ways. You will work across a wide range of projects – from packaging to integrated campaigns to social to merchandising and more – providing authentic, engaging solutions that build brand awareness and credibility and deliver strong business results.
Sounds exciting? Then, keep on reading…
One of the great things about being a startup is that each of us gets the opportunity to stretch beyond anything we’ve done before. So, this role is very hands on and requires the ability to think big (strategy) and create (execution). Specifically, you WILL:
- Help shape this brand and company
- Lead the creative development process and execute production; manage consulting production artist as needed for packaging projects
- Deliver high quality design execution of our Brand guidelines, ensuring consistency across every touchpoint
- Ideate concepts and design and execute against them to support our integrated marketing plans across in-store, print and digital
- Execute omni-channel design and production, including but not limited to: packaging, print, outdoor, campaigns, trade shows
- Partner with our Social Media & Community Associate to develop assets and content to support our social channels
- Partner with marketing counterparts to develop effective creative briefs and effectively collaborate with all necessary cross-functional teammates to complete projects
At Will Perform, it’s both what you do and how you do it that matters. So, our ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in graphic design skills, including developing and applying typographic grids, systems thinking and creating visual concepts and storytelling
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates a deep understanding of design and marketing and consists of successful projects in which you played a leading role in designing and developing
- Has strong packaging and print production skills
- Is well-rounded in digital design and asset creation across various formats and platforms
- Has experience creating engaging work that articulates a clear, effective message based on business needs and strategy
- Has a solid track record of meeting deadlines and handling more than one project at a time
- Has successfully worked with cross-functional partners to develop effective creative work; contributes to briefs and elevates strategic thinking and design processes
- Has solid presentation skills and consistently demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and has solid UI design skills; animation and video editing skills a plus
- Copywriting, or the ability to help form an intended direction, is a plus
- Is proactive and a self-starter
- Has an optimistic and positive outlook and attitude
- Has experience working with diverse teams and/or teams with diverse lived experiences
- Is open to learning and unlearning
- Practices anti-racism, inclusion, equity
- Has passion for visual storytelling and proactively seeks out additional skills/learnings to enhance your craft
- Has leadership abilities and strong communication skills; is organized and goal-oriented
- Is a creative thinker; is able to problem-solve and think/be scrappy when the moment calls for it
- Is humble and open to constructive feedback
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit – as a small brand (for now), we’ll need everyone to contribute on many different levels and in many different areas…it’s what makes being part of a startup so much fun!
WILL Perform, PBC is committed to building a team with different backgrounds and perspectives, and providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If interested in applying for this role, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on WILL Perform, PBC. Please let us know if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application and interview process.