Posted on July 13, 2018
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Creative Director (Copy)
Weber Shandwick/Creation is seeking a Creative Director to lead our Seattle team. The candidate will partner with the West Coast Creative Lead to oversee creative projects across the West region (Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles) through the development of innovative ideas, processes, and platforms that help deliver results for clients and differentiate us in the market.
Our ideal candidate is big on partnership and low on ego. They believe that agencies must be strategic partners that help drive our clients’ businesses forward. Unfailingly curious, they have fingers on the pulse of culture — pop, fringe, and nerd. And they understand that context is as critical as craft when evaluating a creative idea. We’re seeking a candidate with a nontraditional POV, who understand the value of diversity in creating a world-class team. Someone who understands that leadership leads by example. Someone who is more comfortable rolling up their sleeves than shouting commands from a distance.
Our West Coast region offers a range of rewarding clients that are driving a change to the status quo (just like us!) — spanning tech unicorns, entertainment icons, global nonprofits, and well-known national consumer brands. A successful candidate will have the elasticity to “go deep” on a few brands while still maintaining a high-level view of creative work across our client portfolio.
- Oversee all work in the Seattle office, with a focus on social impact work
- Develop creative solutions and campaigns that strengthen clients' market positions
- Promote continual improvement and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas
- Mentor and lead staff to maintain consistent creative quality and develop award-winning work
- Lead concepting, creative development, and presentation for new business efforts
- Collaborate with teams across the region and the agency to maximize strategic resources
- Stay up to date with cultural and industry (ours and our clients’) trends
- Be a cultural ambassador, promoting the dual values of fearlessness and accountability
- 5-10 years of relevant experience, including experience in an agency setting
- Demonstrated experience managing creative in a client-services environment
- Demonstrated expertise in conceptual thinking and integrated campaign development
- Ability to provide clear creative direction and timely feedback to improve creative output and to keep work on concept, on budget and on schedule ● Excellent presentation and communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Ability to work and calmly lead under pressure
- Understanding of the production process for initiatives of various size across multiple media platforms including video, web, mobile, experiential and social ●
- Intellectual curiosity and elasticity, with the desire to work across multiple clients and verticals
- High EQ with proven mentoring and team-building skills
- Copy background preferred Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.