Kansas City, Missouri
Posted on February 21, 2019
VMLY&R is looking for a Creative Director - Copywriter
Let’s get something straight—we’re not just hiring a Creative Director.
Sure, titles are important and look good on a business card, but we’re searching for something more than a title. We are looking for a true creative spirit. Someone who loves nothing more than creating ideas that increase market share as well as winning tier-one awards. Ideas that intersect the brand truth with the human truth and help move the industry forward. If you have a proven track record of delivering that kind of work—and inspiring others to do the same—then please apply.
Come live in a city where you can afford to live the life you want, whether that's in the a sky-rise with views, on a lake—or in a big house with a big yard--and still do world-class advertising.
We were named Cannes Entertainment Agency Of The Year for the past two years; and last year, the Kansas City office won more Cannes Lions than any WPP office in the world. We’ve also been voted one of the 25 best places to work in America three times and have partnered with some of the biggest brands on the globe.
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business. Kansas City is one of our principal offices with over 600 employees.
- Award-winning conceptual skills, plus a command of the digital and social space and the talent to take advertising campaigns across diverse platforms
- Proven ability to lead a creative team of art directors and copywriters.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and to learn something new every day
- Strong interpersonal and client presentation skills
- Great presentation skills and ability to work collaboratively with account and technical teams in a fast-paced environment.
- A bachelor’s degree, design or writing emphasis preferred.
- Eight-plus years of top-notch design/art direction or copywriting experience in an agency setting.
- Digital experience is a must.
VML is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.