San Francisco, California
Posted on March 23, 2019
Twitter is looking for a Sr. Creative Specialist/Designer
Twitter’s purpose in the world is to serve the public conversation. The Brand Strategy team’s purpose is to develop creative work on behalf of brands that drives that conversation.
Twitter’s Brand Strategy team partners with the platform’s most sophisticated, daring, and creative advertisers and agencies to develop human centric ideas worth talking about.
Who We Are
Brand Strategy is where innovation happens for our advertisers. We are a team of strategists, creatives, data scientists, inventors, technologists, and producers hungry to build new ideas in partnership with Twitter’s most talked about brands. We inspire and inform marketers to ignite the power of Twitter, fueling business success through creative solutions.
Brand Strategy’s “Lab Team” is focused on relentlessly exploring new territories for how audiences and brands intersect on Twitter. We seek new pathways to uncover audience-led, human insights from conversations on and beyond Twitter, which then spark creative solutions to bold business challenges. We’re endlessly curious creators of new ways to tell stories, prototype new products and ideas, and push the limits for how audiences experience Twitter in the real world.
Who You Are
A designer by trade, but a strategic storyteller by craft. A successful candidate will have a background in art direction with a passion & talent for developing deeply crafted creative storytelling mediums, inventing or re-inventing new user/storytelling experiences, and be an exceptional communicator and collaborator. You’ve got a proven ability to package ideas that are inspiring, clear, and compelling; but you’re not satisfied with that alone. You’ve got a hunger to ideate with other disciplines to craft new ways to make existing ideas or narratives visually come alive, or brainstorm new solutions. Not only are you experienced with visualizing and working with data to showcase an idea, you’re excited by it, and have a knack for simplifying information into human stories that resonate.
What You’ll Do
The Story Lab Senior Designer will:
Up-level client concepts, experiences and content
- Help develop innovative and disruptive ideas for clients, and bring them to life through sight, sound and motion in collaboration with Brand Strategists and Creative Technologists
- Participate and potentially lead brainstorming sessions (internal and external) to concept brand solutions that showcase elegant uses of the Twitter platform and meet brand objectives
- Forge relationships in the creative agency community by participating in best practice workshops and creating tools that help other creatives understand how to best create content and ideas on Twitter
Up-Level design experience of client pitches
- Design inspiring, elegant, and cohesive pitch materials delivered to C-Level clients and agencies
- Collaborate with the US + Canada Brand Strategy team across a range of client design & creative needs – from building pitch and case study materials, mapping out the stages of an idea using Twitter UX, designing interactive workshop experiences for client and agency meetings, to providing creative feedback and guidance to agencies and clients on their Twitter activations and content
- Connect with other designers from The Brand Strategy Lab and Brand Strategy Designers in Twitter offices around the world to share & learn from other regions
Up-level how we craft strategic creative stories
- Lead invention and/or adaptation of new storytelling frameworks, experiences, and scaled perspectives/materials that enhance the entire team’s capabilities and aptitude
- Author thought-leadership perspectives about creativity on Twitter
- Partner with the Story Lab Data Scientist to design new methods for visualizing and storytelling with Twitter data that resonate with marketers and creatives.
- Collaborate with other Brand Strategy Lab designers to generate scaled creative assets including photography, video, UX userflows, motion graphics, etc.
- Background in Art Direction or Graphic Design with advanced design skills, or have equivalent experience; video / Animation training and skills a bonus
- Minimum 5+ years experience in creative marketing at ad agency, design firm, at a tech co/platform, or with a media company (multi-disciplinary experience preferred)
- Experience building custom presentation and client facing materials in Keynote
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Cinema 4D desirable
- Comfort level with, and general interest in copywriting
- A digital work portfolio that showcases an excellence in visual design & creative strategy
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Twitter product and creativity on the platform
- Desire to stay current on new digital advertising technologies and Twitter related ecosystem partners and their capabilities
- Ability to handle and prioritise multiple projects and to adjust to inevitable changes in timelines, deadlines, and project goals
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work well both independently and in a cross-functional team environment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.