Posted on October 9, 2018
Swift is looking for an Associate Data Science Director
Swift is seeking an Associate Data Science Director to join our growing team in Portland, Oregon. Here you will find a dynamic environment working with opportunities to influence the evolution of digital and social analytics for some of the world’s most innovative brands. Our Data and Marketing Sciences teams work closely with our Strategic Planning, Creative, and Account Management teams to deliver exceptional, results-driven work.
Who You Are
You are intellectually curious and always up for a good challenge. You are a natural at developing internal talent and nurturing lasting client relationships. You get a rush from solving problems and working with numbers and ideas comes easily to you. Always keenly observant and can’t help but try to understand what makes the world click. You are a leader, a hacker and maker, driven to create. You are someone who challenges what’s possible.
What You’ll Do
As an Associate Director, you will be a driving force in the blending of art and science to bring insights to life through storytelling. Your audience includes internal creative and planning teams, as well as our clients. You will also serve a pivotal role in expanding and evolving the data science offering within Swift.
On a daily basis, you’ll be working with your team to uncover hidden consumer needs, identify emerging trends, surface meaningful insights, and bring to life consumer experiences and marketing initiatives which take advantage of these insights for our clients.
- Lead scope development (ensuring alignment to client objectives) and marshall the team to ensure delivered work is of the highest quality and utmost value to our clients
- Build data driven narratives from scratch, oversee story assignments, approve narrative direction, and supervise final client reviews
- Apply open source tools to capture, process, analyze, and visualize proprietary and public data in new ways to tell compelling and meaningful stories
- Be a core member of our Data Science team, working with Creative and Strategic Planning to turn deep consumer insights into amazing consumer experiences
- Work with the leadership of our Data Science team to evaluate new tools and processes, develop new intellectual property for the agency, outline procedures for application or implementation of best practices and case studies
- Manage up to 4 data scientists and/or marketing scientists
What You’ll Need
- 6-10 years of relevant experience; we love hearing about the projects you’ve hacked at work and in your spare time with special preference to amazing Github profiles
- Working experience in advertising technology, platforms or data is strongly preferred
- Working experience with open source data and data management and analysis platforms is critical
- Advanced experience in more than than one of the following:
- Programming (Python, SQL)
- Data Visualization (Tableau, D3.Js)
- Relational or NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, BigQuery)
- Infrastructure as a Service (Google Cloud Storage)
- Sensors and Hardware (Raspberry Pi, Android Things)
- Machine Learning (Tensorflow, scikit-learn, Google Cloud ML APIs)
- Experience managing high-performing teams with aggressive timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be flexible and thrive in a rapidly-evolving environment
- Master’s degree from a four-year college or commensurate work experience is highly preferred
- Who We Are
Swift is a strategic creative agency that lives and breathes digital, leading brands forward with a groundbreaking combination of insights and ideas. We are hyper-focused on delivering campaigns that get results. Our client roster includes Starbucks, Google, Carter's, adidas, and YouTube.
What We Offer
Swift offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including no-cost medical insurance for employees, generous paid parental leave, and 401(k) with immediate matching and vesting. We put family first and ease the transition back to work for primary caregivers with a 32-hour work week at full pay for 12 weeks (and two comfy nursing rooms). Located in NW Portland near a Portland Streetcar stop, our airy, light-filled office inhabits a repurposed industrial building and has a variety of workspaces for collaborating and working independently. We encourage all employees to shape culture with their own ideas and provide professional development and management training. Employees receive paid holidays, volunteer time, vacation and wellness leave. We welcome dogs and emphasize community. You can find us every Friday, coming together for lunch and inspiration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.