San Fancisco, California, (Open to remote workers)
Posted on September 3, 2020
Salesforce Design is looking for a Content Writer (Contract to Hire)
This position is Contract to Hire, 20-40 hrs/week
Salesforce Design is an initiative focused on telling the story of design at Salesforce, sharing our best practices, and bringing our community of design teams together. The broad creative organization at Salesforce is multidisciplinary, blending capabilities in design, research, strategy, and creative. We add a new dimension to the Salesforce brand, scaling and reinforcing the value our design capabilities brings to our customers, and that design as a practice can bring to society. We are looking for an experienced storyteller to help bring our company’s unique design philosophy, Relationship Design, to life.
Relationship Design is a practice of design geared explicitly toward building relationships. It’s focused not just on creating things or experiences that people need, but on building trust, encouraging engagement, and strengthening connections between people. Relationship Design considers the full social context of each person and brand: the connections a person has with other people in their life, the ongoing relationship they can have with a company, and the relationships people have with their wider community and planet.
Salesforce Design is seeking a talented, thoughtful writer to craft compelling content at the intersection of design, technology, business, and the most pressing issues of our time including systemic injustice and climate change.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Join us!
Who you are:
You have excellent writing skills, genuine curiosity, and a knack for surfacing meaningful stories and connections. You can synthesize complex themes into relevant and accessible content, and chase down the details you need to engage your audience. You seek and incorporate editorial feedback, but aren’t afraid to share your own opinion. You recognize the societal power held by design, technology, and business, and are motivated to use your voice to advocate for social responsibility within these spaces. You are comfortable and skilled in writing about race, gender, class, and ability.
You must also be able to:
- Write, edit, and curate thought-provoking original content across blog and social media channels
- Cultivate engagement with content across a range of audiences
- Provide a point of view and express it well
- Push the envelope by promoting progressive thinking and innovation
- Manage multiple projects within an ambiguous environment and a matrix of stakeholders
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of creatives, strategists, designers and researchers
- Bridge Salesforce Design messaging objectives with brand-level corporate messaging
Required skills and experience:
- A compelling portfolio of original work
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Design and tech industry knowledge and interest. You’re plugged into what’s trending at the intersection of design, business, and technology.
- Social-impact orientation. You’re excited to use your voice to advocate for design and business’ responsibility to shape a more inclusive, equitable, ethical, and sustainable future.
- Ability to interpret creative direction, follow brand tone and style guides, and maintains a learner’s mindset.
- Understanding of SEO principles apply to page titles, headlines, links, and copy as well as how SEO increases organic search traffic
- Creative thinker who can not only identify gaps or opportunities, but also offers ways to address them. When you encounter obstacles, you find an effective solution with a positive mindset.
- Social media and influencer marketing skills a plus.
- Experience working with Kapost, Quip, AEM, and Wordpress a plus.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org. Salesforce welcomes all.
Please contact Wendy Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply.