Posted on January 22, 2019
Rational Agency is looking for a Vice President of Strategy and Planning, Agency
At Rational Interaction, we thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment. We accredit our success and our rapid growth to hiring exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Rational is looking for a Vice President of Strategy and Planning who will provide critical, strategic leadership and guidance to the Strategy and Planning Team which consist of three primary disciplines (Strategy, Media Planning and execution, Analytics and reporting).
Working closely with disciplines including Client Experience, Creative, and Technology, the Strategy and Planning team provides thought leadership and crucial research to discover market insights that uncover competitive differentiators for the brands we work with.
Once insights are uncovered, the team must deliver detailed yet simple stories and recommendations to bring the team along the journey with the recommendations, most importantly contributing to the direction of strategic client work across the marketing channels that will be utilized to execute on the creative direction to solve our client’s unique problems.
What you will do:
- Demonstrate the value of integrating Strategy and Planning services and activities into all client engagements and ensure overall quality of Strategy, Marketing, Media and Analytics work on all projects across all disciplines.
- Manage the team’s output for all work, including integrated campaigns, go-to-market strategies, customer acquisition, content strategy, customer retention, user research, user experience, media planning & execution, analytics and dashboard creation, QBR’s, and working sessions.
- Pioneer new ways of thinking for our clients and the agency.
- Provide thought leadership for the team, company and industry at large.
- Oversee the quality of briefs and strategic output from the Strategy and Planning team.
- Oversee the quality of media planning and execution from the Media team.
- Oversee the quality of Analytics, reporting, tagging, and dashboard creation from the Analytics team.
- Build and grow the Strategy and Planning discipline across multiple accounts.
- Partner with clients to identify key business problems and challenges, become a trusted advisor to the client.
- Partner with Customer Experience, Creative, and the Technology teams on all existing and future work.
- Develop a process for consistent delivery across strategy, media and analytics, help build out ownable deliverables, and a consistent client experience.
- Define measurement and KPI strategies to support program optimization.
- Act as strategic lead within new business pitches for new and existing accounts.
What you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience working within the strategic function within an agency or with a specific brand. (Combination of Brand + Agency experience is preferred)
- 10+ years developing insights, identifying cultural trends and driving big ideas across a variety of channels, media, and experiences.
- 10+ years of experience developing proposals and presentations.
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Passionate about full spectrum of digital, well versed on the latest technology and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subject matter, simply and clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to own a room and “be the expert” with the team, company and most importantly, clients.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning new skills.
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or related subjects preferred.
Who You Are:
- Influencer. Well-honed ability to influence at all levels, strong interpersonal skills and high EQ.
- Leader of People. You have the vision and the ability to effectively communicate and inspire your team and clients.
- Optimist. You see and focus on the opportunity, not the hurdles.
- Collaborative to the Core. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a leader and member.
- Data Lover. You know your numbers and value the metrics behind the consumer story.
- Creator & Innovator. Eager to produce new strategy frameworks and assigning high value on innovation.
- You recognize that our clients audiences are unique and that they are at the core of all we do, and it takes a multitude of disciplines to deliver a cohesive, elegant and effective experience for these audiences.
- You will be relentless in ensuring that we not only uncover deep insights to help transform our creative but will also work across your team to ensure there is an end to end experience that delivers beyond the expectations of our clients.
Rational is a full service, integrated agency with proven ability to deliver across digital, technical, and ongoing client engagements. Each of our business practices are deeply rooted in delivering client success. We see ourselves as partners to our clients, and we invest in each of their business goals, ensuring that our work helps deliver on these goals. Client success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture. We were recently named “Best Places to Work” in the state by the Puget Sound Business Journal.
Rational wants to make sure that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let me know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.