Posted on February 14, 2019
RAPP is looking for a VP, Technology
At RAPP, with unrivaled depth of expertise in first-party data, we’ve been observing and cataloguing real people’s lives for 50 years. In today’s world the balance of power has shifted and customers are in control which is why we put people and their preferences at the heart of the brand experience through the discipline of CMR – Consumer-Managed Relationships. We create marketing that matters and RAPP’s expertise in data and marketing sciences gives us and our clients actionable human insight - an incredible understanding of genuine motivations, observed transactions and actual interactions. Our process reflects how real people think; we balance the left brain and the right – and we do our best work when we bring Precision and Empathy into balance. Building on our data foundation, RAPP delivers a range of capability across social, digital, customer experience an technology.
RAPP is proud to employ over 1000 talented people across US, Brazil, UK, France, Germany, Singapore and Dubai and we actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision.
RAPP is part of the global network Omnicom and is part of the OPMG Group of Companies. To learn more, visit www.rapp.com
The VP, Technology serves as a leader in Technology solutions for our clients. They are responsible for implementing technology strategy and assessing technology requirements and design/high level architecture of technology solutions
- Responsible for implementing technology strategy for clients.
Solution Design & Architecture
- Responsible for assessing technology requirements and design / high level architecture of technology solutions to deliver against these, taking into account current RAPP technology resources and partnerships
Client Technology Leadership
- Responsible for presenting/ selling in technology solutions to client business owners
- Primary point of contact for client IT stakeholders. Responsible for building confidence with client IT teams and ensuring compliance with client IT rules
Internal Team leadership
- Primary point of contact for Account/Strategy/Creative teams to discuss technology opportunities •
- Responsible for developing technology understanding / competency within the office
- Responsible for promoting technology innovation with RAPP clients by identifying new, relevant technologies, gaining support of regional/global technology leads and educating/inspiring local client teams and clients as to what technology can achieve.
- Responsible for quality of technology deliverables to client, ensuring that these are delivered free of error and to highest standards of technical, data and user experience
- Responsible for implementing technology standards in conjunction with technology leads and ensuring these are adhered to across projects
- Responsible for assessing risk in current and future projects and proactively developing strategies to minimize risk
Vendor / Partner management
- Responsible for briefing of technology vendors and ensuring on time, on budget delivery by partners
- Responsible for ensuring existing RAPP technology assets, partnerships and internal resources are prioritized ahead of developing new solutions
- Responsible for establishing team plan to support technology needs of office including internal and external resources
- Responsible for developing and managing to budget for all resources
- Responsible for technology infrastructure required to support office technology delivery, leveraging & managing centrally provided resources.
- Responsible for ensuring profitable recovery of infrastructure investment
- 10+ years of technology experience; 4+ years’ experience leading a team
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is preferred.
- Ideal candidate has strong digital agency credentials and ability to lead/inspire clients and teams
- Experience of delivering technology within a client service organization.
- Able to demonstrate technology consultancy skills
- Evidence of forming and managing technology teams
- Ability to build partnerships and working collaboratively with account team, creative, vendors, and the rest of the technology team to meet shared objectives for the clients.
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Deep technology experience including:
- Digital advertising
- Database development
- Web application development
- Infrastructure set up and management
- Able to demonstrate interest in/active research of emerging technologies and ability to apply these to client marketing opportunities
- Evidence of delivery of innovative solutions, working with creative and other business teams
- Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Ability to create new and better ways for the agency to be successful’
- Ability to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Ability to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.