Posted on February 14, 2019
RAPP is looking for a VP, Experience Analytics
At RAPP, with unrivaled depth of expertise in first-party data, we’ve been observing and cataloguing real people’s lives for 50 years. In today’s world the balance of power has shifted and customers are in control which is why we put people and their preferences at the heart of the brand experience through the discipline of CMR – Consumer-Managed Relationships. We create marketing that matters and RAPP’s expertise in data and marketing sciences gives us and our clients actionable human insight - an incredible understanding of genuine motivations, observed transactions and actual interactions. Our process reflects how real people think; we balance the left brain and the right – and we do our best work when we bring Precision and Empathy into balance. Building on our data foundation, RAPP delivers a range of capability across social, digital, customer experience and technology.
RAPP is proud to employ over 1000 talented people across US, Brazil, UK, France, Germany, Singapore and Dubai and we actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision.
RAPP is part of the global network Omnicom and is part of the OPMG Group of Companies. To learn more, visit www.rapp.com
The VP, Experience Analytics oversees analytics strategy and insight across client engagements and leads efforts to inform, power, measure and optimize marketing efforts across multiple channels. This position supervises a team of analysts, works closely with cross-functional agency leadership and interfaces directly with senior clients.
- Identify, scope, propose and direct the appropriate application of analytical services across all RAPP clients
- Design and recommend appropriate analytic methodology and approaches to accomplish client goals
- Develop phased evolutionary roadmaps for clients to progress their analytical sophistication over time
- Provide managerial leadership to experience analysts, data analysts and data strategists to enable and guide them to:
- Use quantitative data to assess and reveal customer profiles, customer segments and customer behaviors to enable business and marketing decision-making and strategy
- Inform business rules development for dynamic communications strategies through effective correlation of customer segmentation, behavioral patterns and trigger events
- Establish meaningful KPIs, define learning agendas and establish thorough measurement, data and attribution (MDA) plans for every RAPP client
- Provide meaningful reporting, effectively analyze outcomes and translate into actionable insights and recommendations
- Activate the Marketing Sciences COE to design and develop predictive analytic solutions, primary research, machine learning and AI applications and analytic technology activations as required to fulfill on analytics strategy
- Author POVs and other IP covering recent trends and developments in marketing analytics and data-driven marketing
- Codify best practices, package case studies, share methods and define new standards in collaboration with the RAPP network team
- Actively participate in new business pitches including team leadership, content creation and in-room presentation
- Oversee staff development plans for direct reports, providing feedback and performance evaluations, coaching, and training as required
- 10+ years marketing analytics experience, at least 3 years with Advertising/Marketing agency
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Extensive working background in digital analytics (site analytics, social, EM, online, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of database marketing principles and database structure
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, marketing mathematical rigor, test and learn plans and ROI
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing principles and best in class methodologies
- Working knowledge of digital measurement technologies (tagging, web services, digital tools, etc.)
- Working knowledge of social/digital listening tools
- Understanding of emerging research methodologies and technologies
- Proven analytical skills including interpretation of data and translation into actionable insights
- Strong communication, presentation and story-telling skills
- Strong management skills and a proven track record of talent development
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.