Posted on November 19, 2019
R2C Group is looking for a Creative Director - Digital
This is a senior level creative position, leading teams to create exciting, smart, well-crafted digital work that will create success for our clients. You’ll come to work every day bringing your passion for the marketing possibilities inherent in the evolving world of digital. You not only have a mastery of technology, you can also harness the power of a big idea. You thrive on walking into a client meeting with a proposal and leaving with an agreement to move forward.
What does a Creative Director for Digital do at R2C Group?
- Utilize expertise in digital advertising to simultaneously build brands and produce sales.
- Learn and leverage our proven approach to advertising called Transactional Brand Building.
- Lead world-class creative teams through every phase of the Transactional Brand Building cycle (strategy, concept, execution, celebration).
- Build relationships.
- Collaborate with our other departments, including Brand Strategy, Client Services, Production, Media and Analytics.
- Establish and build trusting relationships with key client stakeholders. Human to human. Over the phone and over dinner.
- Develop productive partnerships with illustrators, developers, photographers, animators and other valuable contributors to best-in-class work.
- Mentor, teach, coach and inspire direct reports and colleagues.
- Manage complex projects.
- Take assignments from initial strategy through concepting, copywriting, design, development, shoots, edits; and be a major influence on each stage of development and execution.
- Learn more about video production in your first year than any of your peers will ever know in an entire career.
- Manage multiple projects at a time and many projects in any given year.
- Look to the future.
- Keep up with industry shifts and cultural trends.
- Be the expert in the growing field of DTC marketing.
- Create a vision and have a discernible impact on this company, your client’s business and the industry as a whole.
What makes a great Creative Director for Digital at R2C Group?
- Demonstrated experience pitching and winning million-dollar engagements.
- Proven ability to write and speak well about digital communications.
- Ability to lead teams and coach/mentor others.
- Experience instilling trust and confidence within the agency and with existing clients and prospects.
- 2+ years of experience as a Creative Director or above.
- 7+ years in the business
- Significant experience working for an agency or a major brand’s in-house creative department.
- Strong conceptual portfolio (Digital, specifically, but TV and other media a plus).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Attention to detail amid aggressive deadlines.
- Portfolio school and/or undergraduate degree.
Why work at R2C Group?
- We are the national leader in DTC marketing.
- We produce something unique, called Transactional Brand Building. That is, we deliver on our clients’ brand and sales objectives simultaneously, with the same creative.
- You’ll get to work on a wide variety of accounts, with different team members, so you’ll never get bored.
- We are independent, so we answer only to our clients and to each other.
- There are about 220 of us. We’re big enough to handle major projects, but small enough to know each other well.
- Transparency. We all know how the company is doing and where we’re going (collectively and individually). Plus, our profit-sharing plan makes the success tangible.
- We have a large and diverse roster of clients—and we get our revenue from a variety of activities—so we’re built for stability.
- Our offices are dog-friendly and people-friendly. Portland is an awesome place to live.