Washington, DC - New York, NY
Posted on March 6, 2019
Priorities USA is looking for a Creative Director
Itching to use your creative powers to defeat the current president? Have you always wanted to shake up political ads? Do you believe making an impression is just as important as driving impressions? Look no further. As Priorities USA’s creative director, it’d be your job to change the game.
Priorities USA is looking for an experienced creative director to set our organization’s top-level creative vision and build and run our in-house creative team, which will execute creative assets (digital and TV) for our integrated advertising and content programs.
This is a leadership position in every sense of the phrase. The creative director must be a master storyteller, have a clear creative vision and experience running interdisciplinary creative teams and multi-platform campaigns. You should thrive at juggling dozens (sometimes more!) of deliverables simultaneously and be a master delegator. We’re looking for someone with a strong point of view on how to build and manage a lean creative team that will reach maximum output for a program of this scale.
- Report to the director of paid media and develop Priorities USA’s top-level creative POV.
- Build and run an in-house creative team, including designers, copywriters, video producers and editors, and production/project managers to tell innovative, compelling, and persuasive stories to diverse audiences across platforms (digital and TV).
- Based on strategy and message direction from strategy director, manage and collaborate with creative team and creative consultants to execute a corresponding creative vision.
- Oversee production budget and relevant operations, including creative consultants, payroll for freelancers, negotiating rates of pay, and video/photo shoot resources and needs.
- Partner with paid media leadership team and director of operations to build processes for cross-team communication and moving creative assets through approvals.
- Use performance data and ongoing qualitative and quantitative research to refine campaigns over time.
- Look for opportunities to streamline creative production across campaigns and audiences.
- 5+ years serving in a creative leadership role in advertising or media running interdisciplinary creative teams.
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—video production, interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing, new platforms and technologies — as well as the creative process.
- Proven management skills: You know how to make sure no creative talent goes to waste. You’re skilled at discerning team members' strengths and where they can grow — and know how to help them develop skills, channel creative ideas, and achieve their goals.
- You know how to communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce, and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Ability to lead an effective ideation process, push the team creatively and guide them with pieces of inspiration to help them figure out how to think about campaigns. You know how to filter ideas and shift the ideation structure as necessary to help the team generate their best ideas.
- Expert at prioritizing work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs. As timelines, budgets, and availabilities change, we need someone who can roll with it.
- A portfolio that demonstrates vision, creative range, and ability to manage and execute projects of all shapes and sizes.
Compensation includes a competitive salary based on experience and a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.