Durham, North Carolina
Posted on December 4, 2019
McKinney is looking for an Account Supervisor
The purpose of the Account Supervisor is to lead the development of holistic advertising and marketing communications campaigns that fulfill the agency’s Mission, and to play a key role in developing the next generation of account management talent at the agency.
- Have a thorough understanding of the assigned client business and industry, analyzes client’s business results and keeps brand team up to date
- Build strong, trusting client relationships that go beyond social and build hunger for bold, untested ideas
- Be a positive, proactive and productive brand team member
- Supervise the planning and execution of advertising campaigns in accordance with client’s objectives and budget limitations
- Guides, advises, assists, and stimulates all team members with the explicit goal of developing the agency’s account management talent. Takes action on underperforming individuals in a proactive respectful manner. Makes recommendations on salary, promotions and account rotations to the AD/GAD. Consults with HR as appropriate
- Is concerned with the agency’s profitability, and is alert to opportunities to build additional business from clients
- Collaborate with strategy, media and creative teams in the development of the agency’s recommendation for the advertising mix to be used and the creative approach to be taken.
- Anticipate potential changes and obstacles with the client’s business and/or our relationship and involve the appropriate agency resources to bring to resolution
- Stay alert for opportunities to increase client activity and billing, as well as obtaining new business form existing clients. Owns any other duties/responsibilities assigned by supervisor
BA required, MBA potential plus; prefer strong liberal arts background, or a concentration in liberal arts for advertising/marketing majors. Four or more years of agency (preferred) or related communication industry experience that provides an understanding of advertising, marketing, media, creative, production, research, direct marketing, agency, finance, etc.
Individual should have advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite products and Outlook. Employee should be able to apply smarts and common sense understanding to carry out plans. Individual should also demonstrate the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals and write reports and business correspondence. Must be highly organized and detail oriented in a production intensive environment. Able to operate in conditions of ambiguity, and help the team to bring clarity to any situation.
Interested persons may apply at the link below.