Posted on September 10, 2018
Logitech is looking for a Copywriter / Copy Editor
Logitech is seeking an experienced Copywriter/Editor with a successful brand-building portfolio to become part of our newly forming Global Creative team.
As a Copywriter/Editor this role will contribute to the company's success by assisting in the development of creative and strategic writing for content across our range of consumer-facing brands.
While your primary responsibility will be writing and editing below-the-line content, a key attribute of this role is the ability to think critically through any activity and provide strategic solutions and creative ideas that go beyond the basics.
The ideal candidate will have a strong and varied portfolio of effective creative and consumer technology writing under their belt and a passion for great ideas that scale globally. You’ll leverage your full range of storytelling abilities to get the evolving Logitech story out to the market and launch new products in the most compelling and surprising ways possible.
Candidates should have a well-rounded marketing/advertising agency/PR or consumer technology journalism background. You will work with a highly cross-functional team of marketers, product leaders, designers, and business leaders to bring ideas to life.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
- Primary responsibility: lead the development of copy for below-the-line materials, including packaging, websites, e-tail pages, mobile apps, quick-start guides, how-to-video scripts, case studies, emails, and other copy driven materials.
- Secondary responsibility: Support the creative team by participating in development of big idea ad campaign concepts and executions.
- Edit your work and copy from across the company to communicate more effectively with readers, adhere to our internal style guide, and check for trademark issues.
- Help develop and maintain a robust copy flow process that promotes both quality and speed through the production lifecycle
- Partner with others on the team to make your and their ideas shine and express our brands across a variety of marketing communications materials.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure all work is consistent with our brand.
- Review any changes/corrections and check for accuracy in grammar as well as compare any content as a whole against any given research.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, with an exceptional level of quality.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Exemplary English writing skills. Strong attention to details.
- 5+ years of experience at a creative/design agency, client-side brands, or as a full-time technology/consumer tech journalist (Online portfolio required.)
- Substantial domain expertise, and self-driven interest and curiosity in consumer technology. Quick to see the promise of new technologies and the consumer benefit they can provide.
- Skilled storyteller with exceptional communication and presentation skills and experience communicating the benefit of a strategy/idea to large teams.
- Able to thoughtfully articulate your position on creative decisions.
- Ability to ensure all copy aligns to the brand voice and overall strategic business goals and brand standards.
- Ability to make sophisticated technology accessible and understandable to a wide audience with an emphasis on translating product information into consumer-driven messaging.
- Understanding of the challenges behind localization, translation, and trans-creation and how they impact creative ideas and storytelling.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and partner with resources in the broader Design group to scale and deliver amazing work.
- Ability to work across multiple projects and launches, take direction and critique, while keeping a cool head
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment and perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- A positive collegial team spirit.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Experience in technology, consumer technology or consumer lifestyle categories.
- Flexibility (within reason) to work outside normal business hours.
- SEO experience is a strong plus.
Small Company. Big Products.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the experiences they care about. We develop our products with a powerful blend of design thinking, surprising science, and innovation driven by consumer insight.
At Logitech we act like a small company. We believe that anyone can have the best idea. We are innovators, creators and designers. We challenge ourselves and each other, and believe that success is never final. We push the limit, because great is not good enough. We inspire, delight and empower the world. We are Logitech.
Logitech is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Logitech are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1-510-713-4866 for assistance.
Apply at the link below, or send resume directly to email@example.com.