New York, New York
Posted on May 14, 2021
Live Nation is looking for an Experiential Creative Director
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking, and collaborative. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, please read on!
Reporting into the Head of Creative, the Experiential Creative Director is a new-business driven, hyper-collaborative leader who draws out the best ideas and oversees top-notch execution on behalf of Live Nation clients in the world of live music.
This Experiential Creative Director is skilled in understanding client needs and translating key objectives into creative concepts rooted in music that come to life throughout the fan journey (experiential, digital, video, and social). This person considers themselves a hybrid with experience in both art direction and copywriting working across various brands and platforms. She/He/They must have live event experience and is ahead of the latest innovations in the marketplace and integrates that knowledge into concepts that cut through the noise.
This person will oversee high-value brand pitches and is therefore responsible for managing the full creative process - from conceptualization, to pitch, and through execution. This Experiential Creative Director thrives on being client-facing with C-suite executives and has storytelling skills to effectively communicate the team’s work in a pitch presentation. Strong communication skills with both internal and external parties are key.
They are also responsible for creatively leading 3-5 of our top existing client partners in developing award-winning music marketing platforms. These sponsorship driven platforms should ultimately help our clients accomplish their business objectives and stand-out creatively in the marketplace to establish Live Nation as a leading music marketing partner.
Most importantly, the Experiential Creative Director possesses outstanding interpersonal skills, a relentless work ethic, and a spirit of collaboration that inspires those around them to create work that represents Live Nation as a creative force in music marketing.
Live Nation is a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for an Experiential Creative Director who can think on her/his/their feet, lead with a smile, collaborates well with account and strategy, and is eager to jump in and do the work when necessary. You will be a thinker and a maker, but also a motivator, mentoring writers, art directors, and designers on creative projects. The opportunities here are endless, so your creativity must be too.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
- Hands-on creative direction for experiential, digital and traditional creative in the live music space. Everyone on the team is a roll your sleeves up do-er, not just a director.
- Present and clearly articulate vision + strategy behind ideas to executive level clients and internal stakeholders
- Guide, motivate, and mentor to ensure your team members perform at their peak and grow professionally. Lead and inspire teams to continually raise the creative bar and stay curious.
- Educate and inspire colleagues from other Live Nation departments to help them understand, protect, and sell the strongest creative ideas to clients.
- Create close partnerships across the company to work as a cohesive team and identify new opportunities for advertisers.
- Curious about market developments and industry trends to identify potential partnership opportunities.
- Create ideas that can become scalable executions (and revenue streams) in the future. Be willing and able to adapt with the business as it evolves over time.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
- 10+ years of Creative experience (art direction and/or copywriting)
- 5+ years leading, managing and supervising creatives
- 5+ years of client presentation experience
- Must have live event experience
- Deep understanding of the live-streaming, digital, video, social, content & technology space within music culture
- Track record of successful delivery of highly impactful creative on-time and within budget
- Expert in pitching and winning new business
- Proficient in experiential creative development
- Must be able to work cross-functionally across multiple departments at a leadership level
- Thrive in fast-paced and creatively demanding environment with ability to balance many projects at once under tight deadlines and production schedules
- Deep understanding and love of popular culture and live music with an ability to create work that speaks to the tastes of live music fans
Follow the link to apply.