Posted on February 6, 2020
LEO Events is looking for a Creative Director
LEO Events is a global brand-experience agency fueled by vision and driven by experts with the skills to create moments people remember. At LEO, we’ve been delivering results for clients for more than a decade – clients like Walmart, Sherwin-Williams, ExxonMobil, AutoZone, and KAABOO. Through meeting and event management, production, creative, and digital and technology services, our business mix is 90% B2B and 10% Public Events and B2C activations. Most recently named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List and Special Events’ Top 50 Companies for the fourth consecutive year, LEO is a magnet for talent, and we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Our corporate headquarters are located in Memphis, Tennessee and we have additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
The Creative Director will collaborate with a team of creative individuals who work together to imagine, create and present inspired experiences that tell the story of our clients in unique ways. Working with industry-leading strategist, each project is developed in detail through to final design and production. This includes everything from B2B internal corporate meetings and events, live experiences, exhibit and convention programs, and client meetings / pitches. This position will report to the VP of Creative, who oversees the department.
Interested candidates, please send resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead overall creative direction and vision on projects for client deliverables:
- Develop, communicate and present ideas (verbally and written) in a way that inspires, excites and sells concepts
- Collaborate with team members to develop and drive creative timelines and objectives for both RFPs and programs
- Constant communication with Production to identify areas of concern that could affect the client’s creative vision
- Provide input on scheduling and staffing of regular creative team members for all events, RFPs, including graphic designers, art directors, production/scenic and environmental designers, content and copywriters, and others needed for the overall successful execution of the creative portion of company and client programs
- Oversee of onsite creative event direction from start to finish including input on event creative staffing, production team support, and troubleshooting
- Graphic design, branding, and signage
- Scenic design and installation
- Overall messaging and theme
- Build deep, impactful relationships with clients:
- Develop an understanding of a client’s business goals and translating them into unique creative solutions
- Attend program site surveys and events
- Deliver outstanding presentations which include driving a point of view, describing the company’s capabilities, and explaining program approaches to clients
- Collaborate with clients with a willingness to change and tweak creative concepts as required, from initial development to final execution
- Work with Production with front-end budget management to ensure creative elements are within cost and can be reasonably executed within the allotted time frames and space restrictions
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Marketing/Design or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in design, advertising or related creative disciplines, ideally in an account/client environment. Experience in theater production is a valuable plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in event creative storytelling through design and production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable about work design software (Adobe Creative Suite and 3D build programs) in order to manage development time for concepts being executes by designers
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and DropBox, and able to compile ideas within PowerPoint/Keynote decks to present ideas to team
- Highly organized and effective time management skills
- Demonstrated leader with strong negotiating skills
- Creative in thoughts and actions; ability to lead with innovative solutions
- Strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle numerous accounts/projects simultaneously with self-prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Able to travel approximately 40-50%, working nights and weekends as needed
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee required to spend a portion of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking.