New York, New York
Posted on March 2, 2021
Known is looking for a Communications Director
Known (www.known.is) is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by delivering clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective, and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Seattle, and San Francisco, we are more than 200 people, a community of extraordinary talent, working as one team to help our clients succeed.
We are looking for a NYC-based Communications Director to join our growing team. This is a “roll up your sleeves” position as you will have your hand in everything from awards strategy and social media to developing case studies and working directly with the press, to leading internal comms and planning event marketing opportunities. If you are ready to join a company in a hyper-growth environment, read on.
- In partnership with department head, build and execute on communication strategy and plans that support the company vision, goals and objectives
- Partner with executive leadership and HR to craft and lead an internal communications plan that aligns with long-term growth goals including associate engagement, internal newsletter, offsites, company meetings and events
- Help shape messaging, develop content/thought leadership, manage editorial calendar, draft press releases, Q&As, executive presentations and other external-facing content
- Establish, expand, and manage Known’s social media footprint and actively cultivate relationships with influencers
- Support growth of media relations, storytelling, media tracking and reporting, as well as spokespeople identification and training/support
- Project manage key tentpole brand building initiatives (Cannes Lions, CSR, etc.)
- Handle sensitive/confidential information in a professional manner
- Be excited to jump into an ever-evolving and growing team and company with invitation and latitude to build things that advance a progressive data-driven and creative business
- Proven track record for developing and implementing successful technical communication strategies and storytelling
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to present complex subject matter in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers and executive management
- The ability to think outside the box / integrating problem-solving and structured thinking
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical strength, and attention to detail
- Strong presentation and diplomacy skills
- Minimum of 7+ years of PR, media relations, content creation, and/or writing experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous professional experience at an advertising or media agency preferred
Due to COVID-19, for now, most of our employees are working remotely. We have implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we are all in this together.