Chicago, Illinois, & Detroit, Michigan
Posted on October 31, 2019
Huge is looking for a Visual Design Director
As a Visual Design Director at Huge, you’re the on-the-ground influencer for design culture and innovation; a star in the design community. You’ll lead a team of designers on various initiatives across product, digital and physical design, always with the mission of consuming, cultivating, and spreading your design expertise. You’ll take charge of a project from conception to execution. You’ll be the go-to resource for our creative leadership, helping them accomplish large design initiatives with the intention of creating and driving Huge’s design standard.
What we’d like to see
- 8-10+ years in a design leadership role (at least 3 of those in an agency environment)
- A strong design background, including leadership over the entire design process and a passion for current design trends coupled with a deep understanding of user experience
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities. Whether the audience is internal, conference attendees, or a client, you can sell an idea clearly and confidently.
- Strong ability to ensure the final visual design is on-brand and delivers on strategic and business goals
- Intimate knowledge of product and brand strategy, including the ability to present clients with a graphic toolkit that they can refer to in the future.
- Proven skill as a trusted leader, mentor, and support within the visual design group and beyond.
- Insanely passionate about Huge’s design culture and driven to build it even further
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.