Posted on October 31, 2019
Huge is looking for an Huge Experience Director
The Experience Director leads our most complex and innovative digital projects, creating products used by millions of people every day. They have an intuitive feeling for the way products should work and a deep understanding of what users want and need when it comes to digital media. The work includes digital strategy and interaction design across touch points — web, mobile, social, tablet and in-store. The Experience Director monitors projects from the beginning. They oversee interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition and design. We need someone who can be a strategic product owner, team player and skilled client partner all rolled into one. They should be decisive and excited to lead their team forward — we need someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better. In addition to project work, Experience Directors help to shape the User Experience team, manage and mentor other Interaction Designers, and play a major role in business development.
What we’d like to see
- 10+ years of experience creating truly impressive interfaces, large-scale websites or applications.
- Experience leading interdisciplinary teams in creating killer products that consider innovation and usability. Huge is highly collaborative — we need someone who will not just listen but anticipate the needs, concerns and input from teammates across departments.
- Experience with senior clients. Someone who is an expert at handling themselves and our clients in every imaginable situation.
- Engaging presentation style and visual communication skills — someone who is insanely excited about their work and knows how to spread that enthusiasm.
- Someone open to feedback who knows how and when to defend design choices.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.