San Francisco, CA
Posted on June 5, 2018
frog Design is looking for a Creative Director
Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses. We know that takes all types of people. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a stronger frog.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Creative Director
This Creative Director position requires a deep understanding of the user experience around all consumer products (physical, web, environmental). We are looking for a profoundly engaged and experienced leader to spearhead new creative and strategic thinking for projects with physical and digital elements.
The Creative Director should have deep experience and practical expertise in both Product User Interface and Website design programs. The Creative Director will help set the direction, style, and methodology of the collective frog design group. They will also help set bar for quality and innovation in the office. For individual projects, the Creative Director will integrate clients’ business requirements into design strategies, interaction, and visual solutions. A balanced understanding of strategy, usability, interaction, and visual design is a must. The Creative Director will also mentor, guide, and provide support for members of the design team, and be an advocate for needs of the design team to the other groups.
Business development experience is necessary, and experience lecturing and writing about design is preferred.
We're looking for someone to join our creative team for a full-time position. This leadership role requires articulating strong visions and strategies, as well as the following:
- Team leadership (motivation and articulation)
- Group vision
- Project ideation
- Art direction
- Coordination of overall creative processes
- Design advocacy (to clients)
- Resource and personnel management (internally)
- Hands-on design
- Refined and confident client contact
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Required: BFA or BA in related field, Graduate degree in Media or Design preferred
- 10+ years of design experience (Significant agency / studio experience preferred)
- 5+ years managerial experience
- Demonstrable strategic thinking on client projects
- Ability to articulate complex solutions clearly
- Quick-thinking, personable, flexible
- Keen sense of humor
- Current working knowledge of design applications
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies, and their application and relevance to digital media and consumer consumption