Posted on December 7, 2021
Executive Creative Director
CORNETT is looking for a proven Executive Creative Director to join our team. The ECD is a natural born leader, incredible communicator and an exceptional motivator, as well as a public face for the agency.
You’re interesting, enthusiastic and inspiring. You have high expectations for yourself and the work, but you make the work for others feel less like work.
You bring a clear vision. You have a strong voice. But you’re just as strong of a listener. You’re decisive but not authoritarian.
You’re not just a cultural “fit” at CORNETT, but a cultural add, helping shape our already strong culture in new and exciting ways.
You love this job and this industry, and you want to make things that matter while shaping and impacting culture.
You have heart, grit, character and integrity.
You’re a straight up good human being who wants to do the best work of your career while leading your team to do the best work of their career.
You’re ready to build off of the incredible momentum we’ve created as an agency and further cement CORNETT as one of the best small agencies in the country.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Create great work that makes our clients’ businesses thrive while making ad pubs and agencies across the country say, “damn, that’s good.”
- Oversee strategic direction of Creative department and broader agency
- Build strong relationships with agency leadership, championing agency initiatives, culture and goals.
- Participate in agency goal setting and policy making decisions
- Implement the overarching creative direction and vision for his/her account(s) and/or team(s) as well as bring proactive leadership to the entire agency
- Create and sell big ideas; supervise execution of all campaign assets & pitch in on assignments when needed
- Motivate reluctant clients to embrace better and bolder work
- Develop and nurture senior client relationships
- Contribute to business development efforts and play a lead role in pitches
- Set creative standards & establish a culture that fosters the development of creative talent
- Inspire and motivate the team creatively — make it about them, never about yourself
- Ensure the growth of individual team members
- Identify, hire and develop Creative department talent, creating other strong performers and managers
- Determine promotion, assignments, evaluations, and incentives for the creative department
- Determine staffing plan and overall reporting structure for the team
- Present creative rationale and strategies to internal teams and client stakeholders
- Ensure overall quality of deliverables within the team
- Supervise creative teams and ability to provide guidance, critiques and approval
- Inspire teammates and coworkers
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 10+ years agency experience, preferably with a background in Design and Art Direction
- Has a robust background through all forms of ad communications
- Is a strong leader and has experience running multiple teams and accounts
- Can inspire a team and manage their career growth and trajectory
- Has exceptional communications skills
- Can easily prioritize and organize large volumes of projects
- Has extensive client management experience
- Has the ability to provide clear and compelling creative direction, career path guidance and timely feedback to improve creative talent and output
- Has proven leadership skills. Ability to influence others. Calm under pressure, whether it’s personnel issues, deadlines or a challenging client
- Has excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Is willing to relocate to Lexington, KY
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance (both PPO and High Deductible/HSA options)
- Dental and vision insurance • Optional supplemental insurance coverages
- 15 days of PTO per year to start
- Free parking
Named a 2021 Small Agency of the Year, Gold Southeast by Ad Age. Proudly small, independent and female-owned.
We’re a collective of fun-loving, intelligent, imaginative, driven and sometimes rowdy weirdos. Like any good Kentuckian, we’re genuine and hospitable. We don’t like big egos. We’re open-minded. We play nice. We share. We’re fostering a culture centered on inclusiveness, where all of our people can show up every day and be 100% themselves and feel 100% comfortable, celebrated and respected for the perspective they bring to CORNETT.
Our goal is to be an agency where any brand can come to us, with any audience and any challenge, and we’re able to deliver and connect culturally beyond their wildest expectations.
If you’ve been to Lexington, you love it. If you haven’t been, you will. A beautiful, culturally rich place full of good people. For a mid-sized city, we have an oversized but tight-knit creative community that permeates everything— food, art, bourbon, music, industry. A little bit Southern, a little bit Midwest, making for a vibe that’s unique but the best of everything.
We’re surrounded by rolling hills and gorgeous horse farms, with a thriving, bustling and constantly evolving downtown. Within a short drive, you can see where the Bluegrass kisses the Appalachian Mountains. You can chase waterfalls. You can hike into absolute seclusion. And you can explore the Red River Gorge, one of the best-kept geological wonders in America.
Not to mention, the cost-of-living makes you feel like you’re getting away with something.
Like we said, there’s a lot to love about our big little city.
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the President
To apply please reach out to Emmy Hartley at email@example.com.