San Francisco/Bay Area, California; Los Angeles, California; or, Seattle, Washington
Posted on April 27, 2018
Edelman is looking for a Vice President of Recruitment
The worlds of PR, Advertising and Digital, Social and Corporate Advisory are converging to engage audiences in a way they need and expect. They are tied together with social media, driven by a digital-native lifestyle and born from deep research and human insights that have the power to break through the noise and drive meaningful engagement. The agencies that will succeed in this new era are those that forgo labels and boundaries to simply focus on delivering superb work. The way we do it is through our #1 asset – our people – and that’s why we need you!
The Vice President, Recruitment is part of the Western Region HR leadership team and will oversee talent acquisition for the Western Region – Seattle, Portland, the Bay Area and LA. This role will lead the initiatives to attract leading, diverse talent and continue to enhance the Edelman brand. Knowledge and experience to recruit individuals in all areas of communications marketing roles is critical, including creative, production, planning and client facing roles within Tech, Health, Corporate, Brand and Digital.
This is an amazing opportunity to continue to establish Edelman as an employer of choice in collaboration with leadership and the US Recruitment team. It is crucial that the VP, Recruitment understands agency culture and has proven experience in sourcing, attracting and hiring talent from all areas within the industry. In addition, the person needs to possess a strong business and leadership acumen coupled with the ability to partner with multiple key stakeholders.
This position can sit in Edelman’s Seattle, Bay Area or Los Angeles office.
- Act as a model ambassador for the firm in representing its multiple practices, sectors and specialties with fluency and confidence;
- Develop and lead talent acquisition strategy and recruiting operations for Edelman on the west coast;
- Lead, coach and inspire a team of highly motivated and talented recruitment leads in the Pacific Northwest, Bay Area and LA as direct reports while defining and measuring progress against clear performance goals;
- Source top level talent using both traditional and creative recruiting methods for all functions;
- Leverage recruiting resources including online tools, networking, and social channels to help identify and recruit qualified candidates and get them excited about our agency;
- Cultivate professional networks and relationships with academic programs and diverse associations to supply a robust talent pipeline;
- Develop recruiting metrics and analytics that provide insights and drive decision, including time to fill, aging, cost per hire, candidate and hiring leader satisfaction surveys, recruiter productivity, source of candidate and hire among others;
- Drive the team to develop comprehensive, strategic hiring strategies including passive candidate outreach, recruitment marketing plans and utilization of innovative recruitment technologies;
- Manage innovative programs, events and campaigns to build the Edelman brand and candidate pipeline and drive recruiting strategy to meet hiring goals;
- Foster a culture of recruitment among the leadership team to ensure all business partners are active representatives of our brand who entice potential candidates to engage with Edelman;
- Work in collaboration with Diversity & Inclusion team to bring diverse perspectives to the table and advance a culture that embraces various backgrounds and fosters belonging;
- Partner with Edelman’s U.S. recruitment network; participate and lead recruitment projects with other geography leads.
- 8-10 years of talent acquisition and leadership experience; Industry experience in PR, advertising, digital, creative, and other professional services; ability to recruit across multiple specialties;
- Success in sourcing qualified candidates as well as operations of the recruitment function;
- Proven ability to drive diversity recruitment initiatives;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture stakeholder relationships;
- Expert knowledge of competitive practices and trends, ethical standards and employment laws;
- Drive to get results and has proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Experience with recruitment technologies such as Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and social media tools;
- Ability to influence and drive best practices within an organization and with key stakeholders;
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university in business, management, human resources, communication, or another related field is preferred.
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.
Take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.