New York, New York
Posted on September 17, 2019
Edelman is looking for an Executive Vice President, Digital Strategy Client Partner
Edelman Digital has an amazing opportunity for an accomplished leader to provide executive digital and social strategy expertise to an amazing set of some of Edelman Digital’s largest clients.
The expectation is that a qualified candidate at the EVP level be equal parts business leader, strategic thinker, social native, account manager and team leader. You should demonstrate the ability to counsel senior positioned clients, work collaboratively within large integrated accounts, develop thoughtful digital marketing approaches to accomplish business objectives, spearhead the implementation of advanced reporting & analytics methods that tangibly prove business value, and act as a compassionate team lead. In this role, you will serve as the primary digital lead across priority clients and new business initiatives.
In this role, you will apply your curiosity and executive leadership skills to several clients who aspire to better connect with their audiences by helping them identify and articulate unique brand value propositions, map consumer journeys, develop inspirational briefs, and create thumb-stopping content and experiences across social and digital channels.
Built to thrive amid the full complexity of today's modern marketing, Edelman Digital is backed by the world’s largest independent communications agency. We help some of the world's most famous companies evolve, promote and protect their brands through a wide range of solutions, including performance marketing, e-commerce, digital transformation, newsroom strategy and execution, influencer, crisis and much, much more. To achieve this, we have assembled a stellar team of nearly one thousand Creatives, Strategists, Media Specialists, Analysts and Technologists across fifty offices in 25 countries. Our honors range from Cannes Lions for creativity, 2019 Ad Age Agency A list #4 , to the Holmes Report for the 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year and five times as Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work.” Our success comes from our smart, passionate and curious people, who tell great stories and solve complex business problems day in and day out.
- Integrated digital leader with an ability to think and program across a variety of platforms, channels and audiences, with digital at the core
- Business problem solver who clearly articulates the business problem that the client is looking to solve and ensures it is understood by the full Edelman Digital team
- Serve as trusted business advisor for your clients at the most senior levels and provides thoughtful counsel based on broad communications landscape and business goals; takes immediate action on client feedback
- Confident in speaking about the rapidly changing digital landscape, including platforms, technology and innovation
- Expert in latest digital content formats and best practices to translate content strategies effectively within the digital ecosystem and make certain that assets developed by Creative are designed to perform, particularly for social media
- Knowledgeable about the markets, sectors and channels in which the client operates; shepherds a comprehensive channel strategy to tell your clients’ stories via earned, owned, social and paid.
- Serves as the client’s chief advocate within Edelman Digital and ensures broad understanding of the client’s business, goals and point of view
- Measures, monitors and advances all aspects of client-agency relationship
- Balances the needs of the client and the needs of the firm with grace and understanding
- Identifies and mentors future client leaders on their business
- Identifies and acknowledges problems swiftly and directly, offers solutions and course-corrects as needed
- Lead a cross-discipline and cross-office team by establishing common vision and collaborating to do inspiring work. Mentor, motivate, coach, provide feedback and accountability
- Drive business development regionally and through the Edelman US and global networks; growing regional talent and expertise, building new relationships and securing new revenue streams.
- Entrepreneurial spirit balanced with the ability to function comfortably within a complex, matrixed organization
- Dynamic executive level digital, social and content strategy experience on dynamic global brands.
- New business leader who has extensive experience serving as executive-level counselor to senior marketing and communications clients
- Proven track record of success growing business (organic and new)
- Proven ability to think high-level as well as tactically: you are as comfortable defining a business strategy as you are a creative programming concept
- Possess strong operational skills, experience overseeing and managing efficient staff utilization, account profitability and annual budget planning
- Collegial, collaborative style; ability to build relationships at all levels of seniority (internally and externally)
- Inspiring and inclusive leader who pushes creative boundaries to consistently deliver award winning work for clients
- 15 years of relevant experience in digital or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Applicants can apply directly to Natasha.Avery@edelman.com or use the below link.