Seattle, Washington or, Portland, Oregon
Posted on May 4, 2018
Edelman is looking for an Executive Vice President, Brand
The communications world has changed dramatically. People are more empowered. Brands are naked. Media is fragmented. Communications are dynamic. If you’re excited by the possibilities this creates, read on.
Edelman has an amazing opportunity for an Executive Vice President to lead and build our award-winning brand practice in the Pacific Northwest. You will be challenged to push convention and your own creativity to find the most innovative ways to drive consumer behavior in today’s socially-charged, digital environment.
The worlds of PR, Advertising and Digital are converging to engage consumers in a way they need and expect. They are tied together with Social Media, driven by a digital-native lifestyle and born from deep research and human insights that have the power to break through the noise and drive meaningful engagement. The agencies that will succeed in this new era are those that forgo labels and boundaries to simply focus on delivering superb work.
This person can sit in our Portland or Seattle office.
As a member of Edelman’s Pacific Northwest senior leadership team, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the skills and behaviors needed to nurture and grow talent, drive new and organic business growth, push the creative and strategic boundaries and help expand our collective capability. You are a big-picture creative and strategic thinker, able to turn big ideas into meaningful action that drives results. You demonstrate superior communication skills and are an inspirational leader who demonstrates impeccable judgement, enjoys networking and has proven business management skills. You have an integrated marketing and/or earned media background with experience bringing data/analytics, audience insights, creative, content, digital, owned and paid media to deliver truly impactful marketing strategies to client business. You are hungry to learn and evolve, and undaunted by change or complexity.
- Serve as trusted business advisor for your clients – provide thoughtful counsel based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback;
- Lead a cross-discipline and cross-office team by establishing common vision and collaborating to do inspiring work. Mentor, motivate, coach, provide feedback and accountability;
- Drive business development within the food and beverage sector, travel and tourism, lifestyle brands, retail and more locally, regionally and through the Edelman US and global networks; growing regional talent and expertise, building new relationships and securing new revenue streams;
- Shepherd a comprehensive channel strategy to tell your clients’ stories via earned, owned, social and paid. Ensure your team’s programs reflect the Edelman Communications Marketing approach: earned-centric, social by design, informed, optimized and measured by data, brought to life with killer creative;
- Entrepreneurial spirit balanced with the ability to function comfortably within a complex, matrixed organization;
- Collaborate with project manager and finance team to manage forecasting, ensure financial health of the group – supervising budgets, timelines, billing, profitability, and team utilization;
- Capitalize on, and contribute to, the Edelman network – across the Brand practice, the Pacific Northwest office, and the globe – serving as an officer of the firm and leading new business efforts.
- Dynamic client relationship and new business leader who has extensive experience serving as executive-level counselor to senior marketing clients/CMOs;
- Experience at identifying client business problems and building integrated teams to provide a solution employing a variety of ideas from Edelman’s vast resources;
- Demonstrated ability to nurture the professional and personal development of staff, with a “people-first” orientation;
- Proven track record of success growing business (organic and new);
- Proven ability to think high-level as well as tactically: you are as comfortable defining a business strategy as you are a creative programming concept;
- Possess strong operational skills, experience overseeing and managing efficient staff utilization, account profitability and annual budget planning;
- Collegial, collaborative style; ability to build relationships at all levels of seniority (internally and externally);
- Inspiring and inclusive leader who pushes creative boundaries to consistently deliver award winning work for clients. Basic Qualifications: 12-15 years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, digital, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing; Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.
Take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.