Posted on June 29, 2019
Edelman is looking for an Executive Creative Director, Edelman PNW
Edelman’s Pacific Northwest office is a vibrant, global community of communications, marketing, digital & creative professionals helping evolve, promote and protect brands and reputations. We apply breakthrough strategies to media relations, digital and social media campaigns, B2B and consumer marketing, stakeholder engagement, reputation management, and creative storytelling. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business.
Edelman is looking for a talented Executive Creative Director to lead its award-winning PNW creative team. You will be challenged to push convention and your own creativity to find the most innovative ways to drive consumer behavior in today’s socially charged, digital environment. Your output will be an invigorating blend of branding, experiential, social media campaigns, websites, microsites, apps, and any big ideas you can dream up and pitch that are social by design and garner earned attention. You’ll need to bring a passionate knowledge of digital creative and social media, as well as a love for smart and beautiful work. Our portfolio of clients is diverse in size, scale and category and some of the most exciting on the planet, from consumer to technology to corporate. We need you to help us expand our relationships, win new business, and open the eyes of our clients with innovative and disruptive ideas.
As an ECD the ideal candidate can transform a strategic thought into best-in-class creative. Not only can you win new business but are excited to continue to inspire the best in your teams (and clients!) once the work is won. You can roll up your sleeves when needed, but also know when to back off and let your teams rise up and shine. You know how to empower your team and be their mentor – you understand that their success is your success. You are adaptable and flexible because sometimes we’re the big agency handling huge multimedia initiatives. Other times we’re but one of a half dozen shops playing well with others in a very big sandbox.
Regardless, you live and breathe creative. You’ve got the talent, passion and a great portfolio. After all, it takes one to know one. The team thrives from each other’s energy and then pass that excitement along to our clients. Because we all know that passion translates into great work...and a great place to work.
We’re passionate, unconventional and driven by a desire to do the best damn work possible and surprise our clients and often our industry. We get results for our clients and have the trophies to prove it. We also laugh a lot…and swear a little (maybe a lot). Every day.
- Deliver a creative plan to Pacific Northwest leadership to ensure Edelman continually ups its creative profile
- Manage, inspire, lead and recruit the PNW creative team
- Present and articulate creative ideas with C-suite executives that drive earned attention and business impact
- Determine the creative idea as well as visual/verbal expression and content for brands/businesses
- Collaborate with peers in the network to share and capture best practices and inspirational work
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, preferably in an agency setting.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Fine Arts, Advertising or Graphic Design preferred
- Relevant agency experience in concept development, art direction or copywriting within an integrated marketing, creative, advertising, or public relations agency setting
- Best in class experience and demonstrated examples of transforming the strategic opportunity into best-in-class creative solutions with a background in concept development, art direction or copywriting
- Aware of the production process for initiatives of various size across multiple media platforms from web, mobile, experiential to social
- Ability to craft and deliver presentations that sell ideas and expand client relationships
- Ability to lead a team of art directors, copywriters and designers while also effectively collaborating with other internal and external teams
- Proven track record of building effective interpersonal relationships with direct reports, planning, strategy and account management colleagues, leadership and clients, and successfully navigating matrixed organizations
- Strong presentation skills, articulating smart and sometimes complex solutions in a straightforward and lucid manner
- Full understanding of production and storytelling through multiple channels, including digital
Applicants should email Natasha.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at the link below.