Posted on June 20, 2019
Edelman is looking for an Executive Creative Director
Edelman’s D.C. office is seeking a high-caliber creative leader to inspire clients and colleagues by harnessing the power of strategic design and creative expression rooted in research, data and insights – this person will significantly contribute to helping us elevate our game to meet the client needs of tomorrow. Our strong and growing portfolio of business includes many of the most esteemed corporations, innovative start-ups and leading NGOs.
The Executive Creative Director will drive the development of creative strategy and channel agnostic ideation by leading a group of creative directors, art directors, designers, motion graphics specialists, content specialists and video producers. It's critical that this individual works in close partnership with planning and in a cross-functional team with analytics, technology/connected experience, operations/resourcing, editorial/media strategy and paid/performance marketing.
Who Are You?
You are curious, creative, kind, collaborative and intelligent. You’re the consummate partner. You’re a maker and a manager. You’re an influencer and a leader. You listen and inspire confidence. You are passionate and diplomatic. You’re up for a challenge.
What We Expect
We expect you to lead clients and colleagues through the creative process and help realize a difficult-to-articulate vision. You and your team should be tightly partnered with our client managers, project managers, and strategists, leveraging strategic insights, to create compelling campaigns and to bring to life stories that help protect, promote and evolve our client’s brands. You will work on a broad range of clients with a wide variety of requirements. The Executive Creative Director must be an inspiring coach and team manager as much as a top creative strategist in order to grow and capture the power and strength of the creative team talent. We expect you to lead and inspire the creative process, in addition to coaching and growing a team of diverse creative talent.
- Lead a creative team responsible for design, branding, visual identity development, concepting, video, animation, and rapid response/quick twitch
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a 10+-person creative team
- Manage and oversee the creative process from concept to completion
- Work closely as a creative thought partner for all parts of the business
- Ensure your team’s collaboration with the planning team to deliver creation executions according to data-driven briefs
- Ensure your team’s collaboration with our editorial and media experts to help them bring the story to life visually across channels
- Manage and cultivate the career development of staff members, providing mentorship, coaching, and professional guidance
- Partner with project management and resourcing team to monitor, load balance and ensure efficient delegation of work
- Establish processes to ensure highest quality work output delivered in a timely manner and on budget
- Monitor project deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Ensure visual communications and brand standards are rigorously met with quality assurance processes
- 8+ years of executive creative leadership and management experience running medium to large teams (ie, 8-20 staff)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Great listener and the ability to convert and drive brainstorming and ideation into standout and effective creative work
- Experienced leader who can serve as senior-level counselor to senior marketing clients/CMOs
- Digital and social fluency with an understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across platforms via design and written word
- Understanding of UX/CX across multiple platforms and customer journey mapping
- Understanding of accessibility requirements like Section 508 and WCAG
- Understanding of analytics and how it feeds into campaign strategies
- Magnetic presence in a room with strong storytelling ability
- Ability to manage the work and be in the work
- Strong online portfolio
- Passionate about visually and experientially telling stories
- A love for, and active user of, major social networks for professional purposes (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Understand the differences between web and print typography
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of all content distribution channels
- Experience with the basic capabilities and limitations of leading CMS’ publishing platforms (ie, WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of CSS3, HTML
Please apply at the link below.