Posted on September 14, 2017
Edelman is looking for a Creative Director in Chicago
At Edelman, we believe in the power of ideas to move brands and companies forward into tomorrow. We focus on the intersection of culture, commerce and media, assisting brands in leveraging digital and social tools to further engage their markets in ways that lead to improved relevance, affinity and preference …. and ultimately, revenue. We combine deep digital expertise with Edelman’s incredible communication credentials to create integrated and effective communications and experiences for our clients.
We are at a critical juncture in communications where the online market conversation has never been louder, further reaching, nor more active. Social media and digital marketing are now not “nice to haves” in the communications mix, they are essential to a brand’s overall image and success.
The Creative Director is the driving force a team comprised of art directors, writers, and designers tasked with developing engaging and effective brand activations for existing clients and new business prospects. This team works in a progressive PR context and visually brings to life strategic concepts and tactical program recommendations for clients (and prospects).
As CD, you need the drive and diplomacy to integrate into a team spanning social, communications and events. You will function as mentor, leader, strategic thinker, and storyteller as you turn ideas into compelling visual narratives utilizing social media, video and experiential activations.
Candidates should have a minimum of 8 years of creative experience with a great blend of digital, social and content creation experience; possess strong managerial and leadership skills; and work calmly under pressure in a team/collaborative environment where the creative 'work' is the primary goal.
- Exhibits the ability to generate ideas that are channel agnostic; that ‘earn’ attention and are social by design;
- Has the demeanor to work in both an un-structured, quick-turn tactical and a more deliberate process that is more strategic in nature;
- Can ‘roll with it’ and not get too put off or flustered by perceived client barriers/dysfunction;
- Sees him/herself as part of ‘core team’ and ‘creative’ function; not one or the other;
- Demonstrates ability to develop ideas from concept to sell-through;
- Is someone people on the team want to work with - open, curious, infectious, excited about the work;
- Sees the bigger picture and connects small or big asks to larger brand/corporate strategy to demonstrate their relevance;
- A confident presenter; exhibits appropriate level of gravitas without being full of him/herself;
- Willing to roll up sleeves; write ideas up, develops and consults on client presentations.