San Francisco, California
Posted on January 31, 2019
Edelman is looking for a Creative Brand Strategy Director
Edelman Digital is looking for an experienced, innovative and agile creative brand strategist to join our team to inspire the next set of award-winning digital campaigns. This is not your old-school brand planning role – we plan at the speed of digital and are seeking someone who can operate in a fast-paced environment to quickly collect and distill research in order to develop unique and compelling insights that stimulate our creative teams. In this role, you will apply your curiosity and skills to global B2C and B2B brands who aspire to better connect with their audiences by helping them identify and articulate unique brand value propositions, map consumer journeys, and develop inspirational creative briefs and more.
You will sit in the center of our various capabilities; charged with introducing new and existing clients to the power of compelling stories and experiences, shown through the right digital mediums at the right times and most appropriate places, all directed by a confluence of data and leading-edge technology.
The results we’ve delivered for our clients have been the driver of our rapid growth. Today, Edelman has more than one thousand digital specialists globally. Our efforts in social media alone have given us the opportunity to reach more than 250 million people through the management of more 850 communities. We’re inspired by this growth and the excitement and challenges of an always evolving digital landscape.
- Conduct modern cultural “anthropology” where you unearth both timely and timeless truths to ensure our campaigns resonate
- Conduct and understand competitive positioning research to help identify available white/open space and develop sound business strategies
- Develop audience insights through in-depth research leveraging 3rd party data, secondary tools (MRI, GWI) and collaborating on primary research (including audience segmentation/persona development)
- Craft the creative brief for integrated and digital campaigns – collaborate and work in partnership with creative teams to get the insights and positioning right from the start
- Provide inspiring company/product positioning articulations
- Identify/articulate the brand personality/archetype where needed
- Define compelling key messaging and storytelling tracks to ensure positioning comes to life effectively
- Collaborate with creative teams to ensure ideas will resonate with desired target audiences.
- Work in partnership with the connections planning team to map out the customer journey, go-to-market and content/messaging strategy
- Partner with the measurement and analytics team to determine measures of success
- Lead, mentor and cross train junior strategy and planning staff to create the next generation of creative brand strategists
- 8-10 years of experience in Brand Planning, Creative Strategy or other relevant capacity.
- Proven track record of providing compelling insights that drive high-performance creative.
- Strong ability to collaborate across internal, external and client-side resources is a must.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills across a broad collection of strategic planning functions and thrive in fast-paced environments – “planning at the speed of digital” as we like to say.
- Experience working on large, integrated B2C & B2B campaigns that flourish in the new, and ever changing, digital ecosystem and drive proven results.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Familiarity with research tools such as MRI, GWI, Comscore, etc
- Able to identify connections & opportunities for growth within the digital/social world
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world's largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Among its many honors, the firm was awarded the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR, named one of 2018 "Agencies to Watch" by Advertising Age and "Global Agency of the Year" by both the Homes Report and PRWeek, and cited five times by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work." Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us. You may also click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Candidates may apply at the link below, or by sending an email to email@example.com.