San Francisco, California
Posted on August 4, 2020
Duncan Channon is looking for a Media Planner
A little about us:
Duncan Channon is a mid-sized, independent agency. We are dedicated to fostering an equitable environment that acknowledges inherent advantages, biases and barriers while striving to ensure that every employee is offered the same opportunities for contribution, mentorship and progression despite them. Duncan Channon prides itself on its ever-evolving culture that empowers employees to bring their most authentic selves to work 100% of the time.
We are currently seeking a Communications (Media) Planner with 2 years of experience in an ad or media agency environment. This is an incredible opportunity to work on a piece of business focused on improving public health in California.
Role & Responsibilities
You must be comfortable planning media solo as the team is counting on you to hit the ground running on this very busy client.
You’ll need to be able to bring communications planning alive for the agency, and show us how media can be used creatively to give ideas an extra dimension. You’ll need to challenge and inspire the creative teams day in, day out, and encourage them to think differently about how channels can work to enhance what they’re producing.
You will be able to:
- Evaluate opportunities, publications, websites, outdoor locations, etc. for their relevance in accomplishing a variety of campaign goals.
- Assist with presentations to clients and support plan recommendations in a logical manner.
- Accurately plan, maintain, and reconcile budgets.
- Successfully navigate and interact with a variety of different departments including finance, account, creative and production.
- Maintain relationships with vendors across a variety of media while being on the lookout for new, interesting and innovative marketing opportunities.
- Think strategically about communications solutions to clients’ business problems.
- Manage a principal cause-related piece of business as the day-to-day communications planner lead.
- You will assist on new and emerging accounts as needed.
Additional skills/requirements you possess:
- You have 2-3 years of experience at a media agency or advertising agency.
- You have experience planning broadcast TV or radio, innovative OOH and digital channels.
- You have experience in a client-facing role and exposure to public speaking and presenting.
- You have solid experience working with strategic and creative teams.
- You love the creative process and working with creative people.
- You have outstanding time management, organization, written, and oral communication skills.
- You can multi-task and prioritize in a hectic situation with little oversight or guidance from others.
- You can manage the day-to-day goings-on while keeping an eye out for the business overall.
- You are curious about consumer behavior and the relationship between consumers and media.
If this sounds like you, we can't wait to meet you!
Duncan Channon offers wonderful benefits to all: a competitive salary, an Open Vacation Plan, 4 Medical Plans (2 of them at no cost to you), Dental, Vision, 401(k) and more.
Current clients include: Covered California, Kona Brewing, California Tobacco Control Program, Tahoe South, Innovasion, Sonoma Cutrer, Black Forest Gummy Bears, SweeTARTS and more.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
**Applicants must be legal to work in US**
Apply at the link below.