Posted on November 29, 2022
Cox Enterprises is looking for an ECD
Imagine a world where great creative minds are tackling some of the most pressing challenges of our time in the areas of mobility, connectivity, clean technology and journalism. Where compassionate people are working to build a better future for future generations on behalf of one of the world’s largest privately held companies that is celebrating 125 years in 2023. Where designers, writers and filmmakers are building world-class brands and delivering groundbreaking work across diverse creative platforms, industries and borders.
Now, imagine you’re at the helm of that effort.
Cox Enterprises, based in Atlanta, is searching far and wide for an Chief Creative Director with the insight and foresight to know what dreams may come. If you’ve made a career of successfully expanding your own creative depths (and nurturing others to do the same), we want to get to know you.
What’s In It For You?
That’s a fair question. We’re glad you asked, because we absolutely love our answer and think you will too. Here’s a little taste of our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture:
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies. We are currently working in the office at least one-day a week with more as needed and flexibility in mind.
- Our talent is paid what they’re worth with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that we’ll generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- You’ll enjoy a rich suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
- Interested in growing your family? Rest assured that you’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Love volunteering in your community? You’re singing our tune, and we even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
With benefits as diverse as our employees, you’ll find a plethora of options, giving you the freedom to make the best choices for you and your family.
What You’ll Do
Your whole world is all about new ideas…coming up with them, debating them, encouraging them from everyone around you and bringing them to life. In this role, you’ll lead the total creative function of Cox Enterprises and our external agency, Ideabar. You’ll also be a key factor in our mission to bring great minds together to tackle the most pressing challenges of our time, improving our world for the next generation.
With that in mind, here’s a peek at your day:
- You’ll lead all our creative teams and oversee their strategic direction. This is an Atlanta-based position with oversight of creative teams in Atlanta, West Palm Beach and remote locations.
- You’ll attract best-in-class talent to an internal agency that serves one of the country’s oldest and largest privately held enterprises.
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring the highest level of artistic/creative output consistent with the client’s marketing strategies and objectives. ·
- You’ll establish a culture to foster the development of creative talents.
- You’ll partner with peers in Client Service + Operations to ensure excellent creative output is achieved while meeting operational and financial benchmarks for efficiency and value
- You’ll participate in agency goal setting and policy making decisions.
- You’ll develop and nurture client relationships and participate in key client meetings and creative presentations.
- You’ll oversee creative work in the production studio, including video.
- You’ll attend interdepartmental briefings.
- You’ll keep the AVP appraised of key updates on work, talent and culture.
Who You Are
You’re a feeler and a thinker. A dreamer and a doer. You are replenished by awe and wonder. You’re an industry leader with a highly visible profile. Your portfolio demonstrates your vast experience, and you’re in an elite echelon of creative and technical minds. You also have the following:
- 20+ years of experience in advertising, including at a group creative director level.
- Business acumen in creative agency operations, and appreciation for efficient operations that support brilliant work.
- Strong skills in critique and the ability to manage art and copy.
- An arts education in advertising design and conceptual thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal department relationships.
- Proven leadership that gains the confidence of creative professionals, peers and client stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
We think Willy Wonka said it best: “Come with me, and you’ll be, in a world of pure imagination.” Contact us today!
Send your portfolio + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.