New York, New York
Posted on May 19, 2022
Cheil is looking for an Account Director
Cheil Worldwide is the 13th-largest creative agency in the world. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we were founded by Samsung in 1973 to grow its local and global business. While Samsung is still one of our main clients, our roster has evolved to include other globally recognized brands such as Adidas, Coca-Cola, ESPN, Lego, Nivea, PayPal, Starbucks, and many more.
Cheil Inside is our small but mighty brand studio. Cheil Inside serves as the lead agency partner for all Samsung Corporate Brand Marketing initiatives in North America. It’s the think tank and creative partner to the look, sound and feel of all Samsung imaging and collateral. Our team focuses on creative problem-solving and share a passion for developing groundbreaking ideas rooted in data, driven by insights, and enabled by innovative technology. And that brings us to you… or rather you to us. Pushing boundaries and traditional advertising requires a curious mind undeterred by the never-been-done. We need a thinker and doer eager to explore new ways to connect with consumers beyond offering a product. If blending analytics with intuition and imagination makes your eyes sparkle, read on!
Who you are is just as important as (if not more important than!) what you can do.
- A great listener, able to turn information into action.
- Resourceful and inquisitive with an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to build and lead.
- Have great people skills and the natural ability to maintain a positive outlook, even when faced with challenging circumstances or high-pressure assignments.
- You build relationships far and wide, both internally and externally to see the business from all sides and use them to create momentum and drive clarity during times of ambiguity.
- You are a person who knows how to fix problems and navigate the road ahead to circumvent potential issues.
- You are experienced and passionate about defining brand strategy and translating that to outstanding integrated marketing plans and creative work that drives results.
About the Role
Like you, this job is multidimensional. And every aspect is crucial to creating culturally relevant work.
- The Group Account Director
- Serves as the business lead for assigned business verticals.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to partner with agency leadership, expand the business portfolio, and actively contribute to building the positive culture of Cheil.
- Believes their job is to imagine the future of the client’s business and of Cheil as an agency and always be three steps ahead.
- Account Leadership
- Provide strategic leadership and contribute to the road-map for the business that integrates all disciplines, including strategy, creative, media, production and analytics.
- Accountable for assigned lines of business and relationships with clients and agency team at all levels.
- Encourage a positive, professional environment that supports the clients, management, teammates and the work.
- Sets a standard of excellence through coaching and mentorship that develops strong, motivated internal teams.
- Identify opportunities and help grow billings within assigned lines of business. • Spot challenges in the distance and know when to bring in agency leadership and offer solutions to help them troubleshoot. • Demonstrate a deep understanding of relevant categories, competitors and emerging media that may inform the work. • Have a can-do attitude, bringing a sense of calm and optimism to the client and team. • Build strong relationships with senior clients, having the ability to have tough conversations • Foster opportunities to deliver break-through work. • Demonstrate strong supervisory, delegation, and escalation skills. • Build relationships with senior clients ensuring the health of the account is strong. • Assist with new business pitches.
- Management Oversight
- Provide leadership to integrated teams internally to ensure pitched concepts and HQ adaptations become great executions out in the world.
- Manage account team ensuring all team members are entrusted with work appropriate for their experience level, and that the team remains challenged and engaged.
- Provide ongoing guidance to the internal team to ensure production processes and needs (budgets, timely approvals) are clear; pave the way for easy approvals and decisions that lead to the best possible output.
- Mentor a team of direct reports, working together to set goals, training them to ensure best practices are followed and managing the annual review process.
- Financial Leadership
- Ensure successful financial operations across assigned lines of business adhering to the Scope of Work.
- Manage project plans that can be accurately tracked against and that set the team up for success.
- Explore and suggest processes and best practices to ensure the account is as efficient and profitable as possible.
- Have ongoing knowledge of how work is progressing against projections and billing holistically.
About the Requirements
You’ve got to check the boxes before you can think outside of them.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a related field.
- 6+ years integrated advertising agency experience preferred.
- 3+ years progressive supervisory and account leadership experience
- A proven track record of solid client partnership, exemplary team leadership, and world-class output.
- Experience managing large-scale integrated campaigns and overseeing content production processes.
- A great communicator (written and oral) and an excellent presenter that fully commands a room.