San Francisco Bay Area, California
Posted on August 23, 2018
Cadence is looking for a Creative Director
Cadence is a mission-driven retail pharma start-up leading an effort to move birth control pills to over-the-counter (OTC) status. The Cadence products are two FDA approved Rx oral contraceptives containing ethinyl estradiol, progestins and placebo reminder pills in tablet form and dispensed in blister packs. The mission of the company is to enable easy and affordable access to oral contraceptives nationwide and eventually internationally. Cadence is in stealth mode, so we don’t have a public website, but you can learn more at www.liberatethepill.com
Position Overview The scope of responsibilities for this role are broad, commensurate with a start-up venture funded by impact investment. The Creative Director may begin as a contract position part-time (at least half-time), and may evolve into a FT employee position. This person will also act as marketing “project manager” to coordinate all marketing activities through to the product launch. This position requires a strong background in creative content development, packaging, digital, print design, and preferably some in-store retail merchandising. Other competences include the ability to lead an internal and external marketing team to develop the brand style guide, and work through all marketing preparation and launch activities. Must be based in the SF Bay Area (and can work remotely as well as in the Cadence Oakland office).
The job responsibilities for the Creative Director will include but are not be limited to:
- Oversee the vision and development of the brand look & feel, including design and copy, targeting diverse female customers.
- Collaborate with and energize team members to set the strategy of how design brings the brand to life and develop a style guide. Ensure brand standards are updated as needed
- Guide the priorities and output of team in developing creative from concept to completion (including design and copy).
- This candidate should be a nimble project manager, able to maintain aggressive timelines and protect brand purity.
- Organize and plan the creative process to ensure highest quality assets are produced for packaging, website, social media, print design, as well as in-store retail merchandising, all on a tight budget.
- Lead and set the direction of creative ideas and delivery for video and photo shoots.
- Lead the hiring, training, and managing of marketing agencies/vendors.
- Oversee deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
- Stay current on design trends and best practices, particularly in web and social media
- Monitor competitive and comparative brands for differentiating positioning
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Marketing, Design or something similar
- Experience: 7+ years in a creative Leadership role, including experience targeting diverse young women customers. Preferably experience working with start-up companies, i.e. with a small team and tight budget.
- Experience with a variety of software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, etc.
- Hands on approach, equally skilled at concepting and executing • Working knowledge of ecommerce and social media best practices • Enthusiastic, dedicated, team player
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested parties should email Samantha Miller with your resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org.