Temporarily remote, New York
Posted on November 24, 2021
Byte New York is looking for a Group Account Head
Group Account Heads at Byte lead on all the work we deliver for a suite of clients and they sit in our structure alongside the other ‘Heads of…’ (e.g. Media, Creative).
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. This person will oversee development of the strategy for the brands they lead, including managing a team. They will represent Byte to our clients, adding value to relationships beyond organizational skills doing a mixture of account management and strategic planning, not your typical suit.
We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight and ultimately deliver a tangible ROI for our clients. Most importantly, we need a leader who inspires their team and earns the respect of senior clients.
Candidates must have experience managing teams and complex campaigns for brands and be calm and controlled in high pressure situations. Equally, experience with delivering commercial success in an agency model is important.
The role of a Group Account Head is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Work in partnership with senior clients to develop annual strategies
- Be the primary relationship holder for the client within Byte New York
- Manage relationships with platforms and partners
- Ensure client satisfaction by regularly communicating with senior decision makers
- Aligning with DEPT and Byte colleagues globally to identify cross-sell opportunities
Financial forecasting and achieving revenue targets
- Oversee budget management for clients, including campaigns and always on activity
- Responsible for financial performance of client cluster, including forecasting accurately for revenue being generating and hitting targets for the year
- Lead contract negotiations and oversee the implementation of commercial agreements
Team management and strategic leadership
- Oversee teams to develop brilliant digital content (creative, production)
- Lead, line-manage, motivate and inspire your team
- Deliver and track profitable growth for your clients
- Craft strategic responses to brief and the ability to develop a POV on media, content, tech and data
- Oversee deliverables from across the business (content, technology, media, data)
- Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Manage relationships with platforms and partners
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
Skills and Previous Experience Required
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 7+ years experience in roles servicing clients in an agency environment
- Experience managing large client and agency teams
- Experience managing complex campaigns (experience in paid social preferred)
- Experience with campaign content production and budget management
- Experience working on a global brand
- Confident with both brand and conversion/direct-response campaigns
- Experience leading, motivating and coaching teams of 10+ people
- Inspiring and able to create a proactive and energized team culture
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Strong client relationship management skills, including experience working directly with director and C-level clients on strategy development
- Excellent project management skills, able to find the most efficient ways of working
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong creative skills
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of Office
- Proficient in working with data
Health, Wellbeing, and Benefits
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people. Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect.
- 15 vacation days plus 12 observed public holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- HRA and HSA benefits
- Commuter benefit program
- Flexible working*
- Mental health first aiders
- Events throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- Training and development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach will include a combination of office and remote working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, INCLUSION
Diversity, Equality & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude - one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.