New York, NY, COVID-19 remote
Posted on August 2, 2022
Barbarian is looking for a Senior Project Manager
We are looking for a seasoned social and digital savvy Senior Project Manager to join Barbarian and help us maintain one of the largest pieces of business at our agency. You will be the driver of the entire project plan, resources required to realize the success of the project and steward of the process from beginning to end.
What you do:
- Develop project plans with clear dependencies and multiple work streams.
- Provide guidance on planning, execution and logistics for client project work streams.
- Coordinate client plans with internal work streams and setting overall expectations for project execution and deliverables.
- Successfully produce and deliver integrated projects and work streams.
- Be a strategic advisor and partner for the internal team and client.
- Remain responsible for overall quality of all projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Work hand-in-hand with other capabilities at the agency to ensure a strongly integrated work plan and budget
- Develop timelines and budgets (scopes/SOWs) to ensure proposed concepts and ideas are executable.
- Partner with the Account Director to identify and specify requests that exceed scope; negotiate proposals and budgets of such requests with the client, providing necessary modifications and deliverables, including writing scopes of work, to facilitate incremental contract signings.
- Model strong presentation skills that encourage participation and effect desired outcomes for meetings.
- Proactively pursue opportunities that may result in new projects or work streams.
- Communicate with the internal and client team on a day-to-day account on project management follow-up items and needs.
- Be fearless in leading the team and shepherding a project from ideation to implementation and through optimization.
- Have a strong understanding of workflow and lift to effectively manage inevitable changes in priorities and timing; maintain focus on short term deliverables while understanding client’s long-term goals.
What you need:
- 7+ years of project management experience in digital advertising.
- Strength in creative problem-solving and critical thinking
- Experience managing social media accounts in both paid and organic.
- Experience and knowledge of UX, site design, and development best practices
- Experience with managing medium-to-large scale projects from scope to delivery.
- Expertise in building project plans, burn reports, and how to mitigate risk or raise red flags ahead of time.
- Experience in website design and builds, including UX, content strategy and production timelines.
- Familiarity working with CMS and Development teams.
- Experience with PM tools such as, monday.com, Smartsheets, Jira, WMJ.
- Experience distilling client meetings into notes and defining action items.
- A passion for social, technology, and innovation.
- Ability to add structure and process when the project plan is unclear/undefined.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate.
- Experience with global marketing teams.
- Ability to multitask several different projects at once.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Positive outlook and good interpersonal skills.