Los Angeles, CA
Posted on April 6, 2018
AKQA is looking for a Strategy Director
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA is currently home to more than 1,700 employees in 14 offices around the world. Clients include Anheuser-Busch, Audi, Delta, Nike, Philips, Verizon and Visa.
As a Strategy Director you will focus on communications planning and social media. You will facilitate focus groups, workshops and interviews. You will serve as strategic lead on large global clients using both qualitative and quantitative research to answer questions, prove or disprove hypotheses, and mine insights.
As a Strategy Director you will understand how communications and culture, technology and psychology, intersect in the mind of the consumer. You will define and frame problems in unexpected ways and be relied upon for clarity, leadership and perspective by the internal team and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as strategic lead on digital and social media projects.
- Collaborate across teams, departments and agencies to encourage the best work and output.
- Work with and mentor junior strategists. Guide their deliverables and development.
- Provide information and perspective on the work's effectiveness. Share knowledge and expertise on the target audience and trends within digital and social media with the internal team and client.
- Use creative storytelling to bring to life the target audience.
- Proactively author white papers and POVs. Share trend information, with implications.
- Able to create strong creative briefs that inspire great work.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to understand the dynamics of a client’s business and the sector in which it operates.
Learn more about AKQA and the work we do by visiting our website, http://www.akqa.com/. Candidates are welcome to review recent projects and explore helpful links.To apply, please send an email to NY/LA Recruitment Lead, Monica Jin, following the structure below:
- Subject Line: Strategy Director, 3% Board
- Include updated portfolio links and/or resumes.