Washington, District of Columbia
Posted on February 26, 2020
AKQA is looking for a Director of Client Services
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies.
Located on the Georgetown waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
A champion for enduring client relationships and product excellence, the Director of Client Services role will be responsible for oversight of the Client Services team, nurturing senior client relationships and ensuring our partnerships are founded on shared values and aspirations. The Director of Client Services and their Client Services leads drive the commercial health of the office by ensuring the quality of AKQA deliverables, strong client satisfaction, and high employee engagement. Motivated by work that makes a meaningful and sustained impact, this person should have a passion for our clients’ business, industry best practices, and state-of-the-art techniques.
As a key member of the AKQA Executive Team, the Director of Client Services will play a pivotal role in providing leadership of the office, ensuring that all AKQA team members have the best environment for excellence.
- 12+ years of experience in a digital agency, ad agency, or brand consultancy environment
- 7+ years of experience in management and oversight of a team
- National and/or global brand experience
- Extensive digital experience overseeing the creation, development and delivery of complex websites, e-commerce experiences, platform work and mobile apps
- Proven track record of creating organic growth within existing client relationships. Helps others understand strategies for identifying new business opportunities within AKQA’s capabilities (e.g., brand experience design, business transformation, data analysis).
- Ability to successfully organize, manage, and deliver a diverse range of innovative projects
- Deep understanding of our clients’ customers, competitors, marketplace, and business challenges
- Ability to convince clients of value of annual planning sessions. Ensures visibility of all major client initiatives over next 12 months, across group of accounts
- Provides senior clients and their boards with digital marketing expertise and innovative ideas. Consults on their business challenges to deliver a positive difference to their bottom line through experience, entrepreneurialism and strategic thought
Qualities and Characteristics
- Ability to successfully manage and organize a variety of activities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and inspire
- A consultative, conscientious, and rigorous approach to increase our client's competitive advantage
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of wider commercial issues
- Possesses a strong quality of leadership in both work and in decision making
- Highly competent and confident presenter
- Has a passion for innovative digital experiences, beautiful design, and knowledge for emerging technology
- Has a personable, professional approach combined with a charismatic, friendly personality
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.