New York, New York
Posted on February 26, 2021
AKQA is looking for a Designer
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA Designers are web and interactive designers and conceptors. They share a talent for transforming great ideas into engaging creative that captures imaginations across the world. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, delivering projects from brief to consumer in partnership with the Client, Technology and wider Creative teams.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Provide evidence of product design solutions across various touch-points (e.g. websites, mobile, apps, in-store)
- Champion user-centered design methodologies and design thinking
- Execute design with excellence and craft standards
- Create style tiles, UI kits, mood boards and style guides
- Deliver responsive and systematic designs through an agile methodology
- Ideate and co-design with peers and clients in a positive and collaborative manner
- Ensure tasks are delivered on time and to the highest quality
- Stay up to date with latest design and technology trends
Qualities and Characteristics
- An excellent portfolio
- A minimum of two years’ experience in graphic design and/or advertising; digital and/or traditional sector
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in graphic design from a four-year university or a two-year portfolio school
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other design programs
- Solid typography skills
- The ability to use the latest animation programs is a huge plus
- Understands the technical possibilities and limitations of web development
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.