Washington, District of Columbia
Posted on January 10, 2020
Advoc8 is looking for a Creative Director
The Creative Director at Advoc8 is a visionary, a storyteller and an organizational leader – and is the creative force behind our work. They love a challenge, and approach projects with a relentlessly innovative mindset. They ensure that our work is on-brand, on-strategy, and creatively excellent, while always achieving our clients’ goals. They are willing to do what it takes to get the job done, but remain respectful and thoughtful while standing up for what they believe. If this sounds like you - we’d love to meet you!
Who We Are
Advoc8 is an experiential and creative agency in Washington D.C. We partner with brands and associations that care about making the world a better place. Together, we plan strategic experiences that change people’s actions and beliefs. Then, we design, build and manage those experiences from start-to-finish with our in-house creative team.
Responsibilities - Team Leadership
- Ensure the quality of our work produced is in line with agency and client expectations
- Oversees Advoc8's internal brand identity, including logo, voice/tone, copy and aesthetic, across all marketing channels.
- Manage the creative process and general creative direction of our projects
- Work on business development projects including proposals and pitches
- Identify the conceptual direction for various projects, and clearly present those ideas to the team and the client
- Must be willing to jump in and execute graphic design or copywriting as-needed based on bandwidth
- 8+ years experience in experiential marketing, design, and advertising
- 3+ years’ experience managing teams
- Must possess expert level proficiency in creative software packages, including Adobe Creative Suite
- Experienced team leader who can manage multiple clients and projects by delegating effectively
- Has ample experience working with and presenting to clients of all levels
- Has a strong knowledge of branding, design, video, technology and experience design
- Extensive knowledge of spatial and environmental design for small and large scale projects
- Is a hands-on creative who is passionate about teaching
- Is self-motivated with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Is willing to shape ideas as well as build on the ideas of others
- Open to new ways of working that lead the industry forward
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills
- Experience with Social Impact driven projects and campaigns
- Willingness to travel and work onsite in a hands on capacity
- Must be able to showcase strong conceptual thinking and executional skills in his or her portfolio
- Must be able to provide multiple portfolio samples of both b-to-b and b-to-c experiential marketing projects of varying sizes and budgets in an AD or CD capacity.
- Collaborative and creative work environment
- Competitive base salary
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance for all employees
- 401k, FSA + Commuter benefits
- Free food. Stocked fridge, tons of coffee, weekly team lunches and Kirby, the office dog
- Unlimited vacation policy with approval
This position is based at our office in Washington D.C. with some travel required. We are not able to consider remote candidates for this position, but relocation assistance may be available.
Advoc8 is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.